Thursday, December 23, 2010

Who Used My Towel??

So, I don't know if this is a problem in your house but, it is in mine. With four people in our family, we don't always keep track of who used what towel. We already had an over-the-door hanger but remembering what color towel we got out seemed to be a problem. My solution? I assigned hooks with little wooden letters that I decoupaged with some pretty scrapbook paper and glued to the rack.

Supplies, plus you'll need scissors, and/or and exacto knife and glue

Trace the wooden letters and cut out

Finished Rack! 

My Son's Hook
In my family we have two "R" names and two "J" names. So before putting the top coat of Mod-Podge on, I wrote our names with a small Sharpie down the sides of our letters. I could have used "D" for "Dad" and "M" for "Mom" but honestly, I didn't think of that until after I had bought the letters. Go figure.
This would be a fun project if your kids are old enough and could decorate their letter.

Another solution would be to use wall mounted hooks if your door isn't within reach of the bathtub. Hobby Lobby has a huge selection of hooks and letters.

I would love to hear from you with your organizational tips and tricks! Comment below!

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment