Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What Do I Do With All Of This?

If your refrigerator is anything like mine, it's covered in your kids artwork. I think it's there mostly because I don't know what else to do with it. My little girl is definitely artistic and constantly wants to paint, color, draw. Then, every week, she comes home from Sunday School with another piece of artwork or two. I feel guilty tossing it but, really, I'm running out of room! So, what to do with it?

  • Frame it. Places like Wal-mart and IKEA have so many cheap options, it's hard to go wrong. And, it's not like once it's in a frame its there forever. Swap the art every few months or so. 
  • Make it into a book. Now, since I can't frame every piece of paper my kids draw on, another option is to get a photo album and store them that way. It'll keep the papers from getting thrown away or destroyed and could make a wonderful present to a grandparent. 
  • Check out this from IKEA:  

Picture Source

 It is a curtain rod with clips set. For only $5.99!! How awesome is that? You could also use a                                   clothes line and pins. 
  • Take photos of the artwork and put them all on a CD or USB. That way you can have them stored away easily with waaaaaayy less clutter and it will be so easy to share with relatives that maybe don't live nearby or just don't see too often. Just try not to upload every picture onto Facebook. 
  • Have your child decide what will be kept and what needs to be tossed. I do the same thing when my kids' toys seem to be running the house. I ask my daughter what she is not willing to part with and what can be donated (in the case of artwork, recycled if it can be). That way there is less guilt about getting rid of that masterpiece. 
Let me know if you have any other great ideas for dealing with the artwork clutter!

~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment